Quantum Computing Realities
Dive deeper into the practical applications of quantum computing in this two-course program from MIT.
- START DATE April 10, 2023 More Dates
- TIME COMMITMENT 3-5 hours per week
- DURATION 4 weeks per course
- FORMAT Online
- PRICE $2,249
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Understand the true possibilities and advantages of quantum computing while getting hands-on experience in this two-course online program.
- Familiarize with the practical tradeoffs between trapped ion and superconducting qubit implementations of quantum computers.
- Gain proficiency with the typical coherence times and quantum gate counts achievable with leading quantum computer implementations.
- Summarize the physical limits for quantum coherence times and quantum communication limits over optical fibers.
- Become comfortable with the mathematical description of quantum states and basic quantum operations.
- Familiarize yourself with quantum states, density matrices and basic quantum operations.
- Evaluate technology options for realizing quantum computers and quantum communication systems using atoms, photons, and superconductors.
- Describe the conceptual role of fault-tolerance in realizing large-scale quantum and classical computation.
- Gain knowledge of one quantum error correction code, and its code parameters.
- Familiarize yourself with the scientific basis for families of quantum error correction codes.
- Understand the different strategies for counteracting systematic versus random error in quantum computation.
Who Should Enroll
Technical professionals, scientists, and researchers.
Professionals and leaders in business, government, and technology that need to get a better understanding of the practical realities of quantum computing.
Any interested participant with basic knowledge of vector and matrix multiplication as linear algebra is at the core of quantum computing algorithms.
How you will learn
LEARN BY DOING
Practice processes and methods through simulations, assessments, case studies and tools, including the IBM Q experience.
LEARN FROM OTHERS
Connect with an international community of professionals while working on projects based in real-world examples.
LEARN ON DEMAND
Access all of the content online and watch videos on the go.
REFLECT AND APPLY
Bring your new skills to your organization, through examples from technical work environments and ample prompts for reflection.
DEMONSTRATE YOUR SUCCESS
Earn a Professional Certificate and 4.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from MIT.
LEARN FROM THE BEST
Gain insights from MIT faculty and industry experts.
What learners and companies are saying
Hear what other professionals have to say about this program.
Pravin Kumarappan, Platform Architect, Worldpay
I had high expectations and they were adequately met! The content was just what I'd hoped.
Charles Middleton, Principal Investigator, Harris Corporation
Great starting point for gaining deeper knowledge in more focused areas of quantum information science.
Kyle Thompson, Mechanical Engineer, MIT Lincoln Labs
These courses help me gain perspective and will allow me to be more conversational with my quantum peers.
Rajendra Polavarapu, Senior Consultant, Cognizant Tech Solutions US Corp
[I liked] learning how quantum computing can impact people and organizations behaviors toward computation and simulation of problems.
Donna Yost, Engineer, MIT Lincoln Labs
“[The course had] significant impact on my understanding of quantum integration challenges and opportunities.
MIT Faculty & Industry Experts
Meet your instructors
Professor of Physics, Professor of Electrical Engineering, Senior Associate Dean of Digital Learning at MIT
Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Professor of Physics, Laboratory Fellow, Lincoln Laboratory, Associate Director, Research Laboratory of Electronics at MIT
Morss Professor of Applied Mathematics, Applied Mathematics Committee Chair, Quantum Computation, Quantum Information at MIT
Associate Professor of Physics at MIT
COURSES IN THIS PROGRAM
To earn a Professional Certificate and CEUs, you must complete the two courses in the program. For those who do not want to commit to the full program, courses can be taken on an individual basis for a certificate of completion and CEUs. Savings apply when enrolling into the full program.
Course 1 of 2 in the Quantum Computing Realities online program.view detail
Course 2 of 2 in the Quantum Computing Realities online programview detail
The Best Companies Connect with the Best Minds at MIT
Deepen your team’s career knowledge and expand their abilities with MIT xPRO’s online courses for professionals. Develop customized learning for your team with bespoke courses and programs on your schedule. Set a standard of knowledge and skills, leading to effective communication among employees and consistency across the enterprise.
Find out what MIT xPRO can do for your team.Inquire Now