- START DATE May 2, 2022
- TIME COMMITMENT 3 to 5 Hours per Week
- DURATION 6 Weeks Self-Paced Ongoing Enrollment
- FORMAT Online
- PRICE $999
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This course is self-paced. Enroll at any time. No weekly assignments. By the end of this course, you will understand how decisions made as early as product discovery can impact how a biologic is manufactured and delivered.
- Discover how small changes in a protein therapeutic may change its efficacy, safety, and manufacturability.
- Understand the method by which living cells are engineered to produce complex therapeutic proteins.
- Explore the way in which reactors are designed to support the growth of living cells that produce a target therapeutic.
- Learn how protein therapeutics are purified and how previous manufacturing steps inform how this is performed.
- Identify the keys to manufacture biopharmaceuticals in a regulated environment and analyze examples and case studies highlighting key biomanufacturing challenges.
WHO SHOULD ENROLL
Scientists and engineers working in biopharmaceutical development
Manufacturing managers, process validation staff, quality assurance professionals
HOW YOU WILL LEARN
LEARN BY DOING
Practice processes and methods through simulations, assessments, case studies, and tools.
LEARN FROM OTHERS
Connect with an international community of professionals while working on projects based on real-world examples.
LEARN ON DEMAND
Enroll anytime. Access all of the content online and watch videos at your own pace. No weekly assignment deadlines.
REFLECT AND APPLY
Bring your new skills to your organization, through examples from technical work environments and ample prompts for reflection.
DEMONSTRATE YOUR SUCCESS
Earn a Professional Certificate and 3 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from MIT.
LEARN FROM THE BEST
Gain insights from MIT faculty and industry experts.
MIT FACULTY AND INSTRUCTORS
J. Christopher Love
Raymond A. (1921) and Helen E. St. Laurent Professor of Chemical Engineering, Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research at MIT
Paul W. Barone
Co-Director, Biomanufacturing Initiatives, Director, CAACB; MIT Center for Biomedical Innovation
Stacy L. Springs
Senior Director of Programs, Executive Director, BioMAN and CAACB; MIT Center for Biomedical Innovation
THE BEST COMPANIES CONNECT WITH THE BEST MINDS AT MIT
Deepen your team’s career knowledge and expand their abilities with MIT xPRO’s online courses for professionals. Develop customized learning for your team with bespoke courses and programs on your schedule. Set a standard of knowledge and skills, leading to effective communication among employees and consistency across the enterprise.
Find out what MIT xPRO can do for your team.INQUIRE NOW